Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Logan and his "Coco"

Logan almost made it three years without going to the ER. What a nice way to start the month; 3 hours waiting in the ER and 4 stitches on Logan's chin.

Our day started out with the weather looking pitiful. You know, cloudy looks like its about to rain. I'm thinking in my mind, "oh good, lazy day." The plan was to do nothing the whole day. You know, let the kids run wild, eat junk, make a mess. It was great. The day was almost over when I started thinking, "I really should do some exercises." So I found my exercise ball in the garage. Which was there for a reason. Mainly because Logan is afraid of it. He's afraid of some inflatable things such as; balloons, moonwalks, whoopee cushions and the exercise ball. He's afraid it will pop. Anyway, I take the time to inflate the ball. Then I hear Logan upstairs wake now. So I put the ball in the corner of our house out of site. Natalie has learned about the pleasure in picking at Logan's fears. So she starts kicking the ball across the room, rolling over it teasing him. While I'm yelling at her about it, the ball knocks her down and Logan thinks its hilarious. Surprisingly Logan starts playing with the ball, kicking it, rolling over it, bouncing off of it. I'm watching the whole thing. Normally I would never let them play like that in the house because someone could get hurt. (ha, ha, ha) All I'm thinking about is maybe we can rent a moonwalk for his birthday. Thats when Logan stepping on the ball, lost his balance and fell on his chin really hard. Of course instead of running to pick him up. I tell him, "Its ok, get up, your fine." He's just screaming, so I walk over and pick him up. Thats when both Natalie and I turned white. He was bleeding and it didn't look good. So off we go to the ER.



Logan was saying I have "coco" mom.

I don't think we're going to get that moonwalk for Logan's birthday.

2 comments:

EMWilkinson said...

wow! poor kiddo! 3 years is a long time though. David was in the ER at 2 months for major cold symptoms and they practically laughed at me!! ahhahaha! I laugh now too! I'm praying no stitches for either of mine!! *fingers-crossed*

Jessica said...

Those do not look pretty -- I'm glad I wasn't there to see them get put in!